Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Wines of Greece
Sunday, August 12, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
Wines of Greece
On a Williamsburg Rooftop
Sunday - August, 12th
6 to 9pm
Undoubtedly, very few of you have ever tried Greek wines, despite it being one of the oldest wine producing regions in theworld. Once you taste a few of their native varietals, as well as learn to pronounce their names, you'll soon find out how this warm, Mediterranean climate is producing some of the most exciting new wines becoming available in the US today.
Join us on Sunday, August 12th for an early evening tasting on a rooftop in Williamsburg, as you watch the sun set and experience these delicious wines for the first time.
Here's what you can expect:
• Start the night off with sparkling wine and hors d'oeuvres.
• We'll taste through the four top Greek varietals, guided by a few experts who just returned from this region:
- Moschofilero (Mos ko fee' le ro): A white grape variety that makes a refreshing, crisp wine with aromas of citrus and fresh fruit.
- Assyrtiko (A seer' tee ko): On the volcanic island of Santorini, this white grape grows to produce a bone-dry wine with intense minerality.
- Agiorgitiko (Ah yor yee' ti ko): This red grape variety produces a balanced light-bodied wine with soft tannins and fresh acidity.
- Xinomavro (Ksee no' ma vro): These red grapes produce wines that are known for their superb aging potential and rich tannic character.
• The Brothers Green (watch their videos here) will be grilling up a feast of fresh veggies, fish, and poultry to compliment to the wines. Menu:
- Watermelon-Mint Gazpacho
- Fennel, Cucumber, Dill Salad with Almonds and a Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Tilapia Tacos with Fresh Tortillas and a Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Grilled Chicken and Garden Vegetable Homemade Tacos
• Enjoy a special performance by blues duo, The Midnight Moan, who will serenade us as dusk fades and the warm night sets in.
• We'll close the evening with the "ambrosia of the gods", Vinsanto; a sweet white wine that has existed since the 12th century.
I'm very excited for the opportunity to bring together these incredible wines, talented chefs, musicians, and inspiring people as we celebrate the beauty of summer in NYC. The weather looks to be incredible, so I hope to see you there.
The venue is located on North 11th and Berry.
Exact address to be sent 48 hours prior to event.
Brian Quinn Events